On February 21, 1980 the Minister of Labour and Social Affairs issued decree No. 7 for 1980 authorizing the Constitution of the Society of the Ibn Khuldoon National School. The first article of the constitution declared the constitution of the society of the Ibn Khuldoon National School according to the founding act and constitution attached to this decree. Based on this decree the society came into existence under the law of societies and clubs in Bahrain of 1959. Later the Minister of Education authorized the Society to open an educational institution under the name of Ibn Khuldoon National School by decree 1013/52/83.
On September 4, 1989 the Minister of Labour and Social Affairs issued a decree No. 26 for 1989 approving modification of the Constitution of the Society of Ibn Khuldoon National School. On April 29, 1991 the Society was reconstituted in light of the law No. 21 of 1989 concerning Societies, Social and Cultural Clubs and other organizations dealing with issues of Youths and Sports and that on the basis of decision No. 40 of 1991 issued by the Minister of Labour and Social Affairs.
The Society continued its activities under the supervision of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs until 1996, when the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs decided to disolve the society on the basis that its activity has been limited exclusively to education. In consequence the Board of Trustees of the school applied to the Ministry of Education requesting authorization for opening a private school.
On June 8, 1996 the Minister of Education issued decision No. 558 of 1996 which declared in its 1 st article that the Board of Trustees of the Ibn Khuldoon National School is authorized to operate a Private Educational Institution under the name of “Ibn Khuldoon National School” and it is on that basis and in light of the terms of law No.25 of 1998 concerning private educational institutions and the Minister's decision No.2 of 1999 concerning the authorization of Private Educational or expatriate educational Institutions, the private institution has been developed.