The curriculum is made up of three DP core elements and the six subject groups. The three DP core elements aim “to broaden the student’s educational experience and challenge them to apply their knowledge and skills.
Diploma programme model
© International Baccalaureate Organization 2018
The three core elements are:
- Theory of Knowledge, in which students reflect on the nature of knowledge and on how we know what we claim to know.
- The Extended Essay, which is an independent, self-directed piece of research, finishing with a 4,000-word paper.
- Creativity, Activity, Service, in which students complete a project related to those three concepts.
The six subject groups are:
- Studies in Language and Literature
- Language Acquisition
- Individuals and societies
- The Arts
Source: Iborganization. "DP Curriculum." International Baccalaureate®, 2005, www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/curriculum/.